Charity / Voluntary, IT / Web Development, Management, Other
Flexible in UK / Remote
Data Delivery Manager
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £36,577 - £41,956 Per Annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
In our quest to foster stronger bonds with our supporters, this role will focus on the critical operational aspects of our Supporter System. The primary objective is to optimise efficiency and effectiveness, with a particular emphasis on transitioning from CareNG to Microsoft Dynamics 365. Additionally, this position will manage our relationships with third-party data providers, ensuring compliance and data quality. It will also oversee the supporting systems that facilitate the flow of data in and out of our database on a daily basis. This role will ultimately serve as the guardian of our supporter data's quality and accuracy.
What's the role about?
This role will collaborate closely with the CRM Product Owner and other internal and external stakeholders to develop new processes and systems that enhance efficiency, elevate data quality, and streamline costs, with an ultimate goal of transitioning to Microsoft Dynamics 365. You will actively contribute to the evolution of continuous improvement strategies, conducting research, and fostering innovation by refining existing processes.
You will engage in meticulous analysis of data imports and exports within our primary RSPB supporter database. This analysis will provide critical insights to inform prioritisation decisions, challenge unnecessary complexities, and establish baseline metrics for both data quality and supplier performance. As a subject matter expert, you will lead your team in delivering training to new users and conducting UAT testing for product enhancements and upgrade initiatives, while also offering frontline troubleshooting expertise.
Crucially, this role carries the responsibility of ensuring the prompt processing of vital income-related operations, including the organisation's monthly direct debit and Gift Aid claims. You will strategise, define, and delegate tasks and responsibilities among your colleagues, nurturing individual skills and talents. This includes succession planning and opportunities for personal development within the team. You will also oversee and evaluate the work of peers and system interfaces, ensuring the successful execution of project and operational tasks while upholding quality standards and best practices.
What we need from you
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proficiency in data management principles, batch data processing, scheduling, testing, and quality assurance techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data-related legislation, encompassing data protection, HMRC Gift Aid regulations, Direct Debit, and PCI compliance, ideally from a not-for-profit perspective.
- Proven track record of leadership in managing a data processing unit.
- Experience in overseeing intricate job processes and data flows involving multiple sources and clients.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, capable of fostering high-performance teams and cultivating a positive culture.
- Working knowledge of Dynamics 365 CRM framework and platform or Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
- Achievement of the relevant Microsoft accreditation(s) to support this job application.
- Demonstrate understanding of how CRM systems fit within the wider organisational infrastructure.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of working with Advanced Business Solutions Care NG CRM.
- Experience of relational database development tools such as e.g. Microsoft SQL Server and job management and scheduling software packages.
- Experience of monitoring and improving third party supplier performance.
- Commercial or NFP experience in Dynamics 365 CRM Development, Power Apps & Power Platform.
- Demonstrable experience in migrating legacy CRM applications to Dynamics 365.
- Hands-on Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM design and development experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of capabilities of the supporting software in the Microsoft stack such as Azure integration tools.
- Proficiency in using the CRM SDK and plugin platforms.
- Understanding of Azure or other cloud technologies, .Net development and Power BI.
- Experience in using Azure DevOps for code management and requirement management.
- Good understanding of project methodologies especially Agile.
Closing Date: 23:59, Mon, 11th Dec 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position as soon as possible.
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is exempt from/covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The RSPB is a licenced sponsor. This role is eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).