Cycle Mechanic / Trainer
Job type: Full time 37.5 hrs a week
Salary £17,500 pa
Our client runs an exciting social enterprise, staffed by amazing teams of young people outside education and employment. They have a mission to save and renovate unwanted bikes, save the planet and get more people on their bikes. They are currently building on their success with sales and repairs by expanding their community, education and business engagement activities, encouraging more people to get into cycling.
You will be an enterprising, environmentally committed, cycling enthusiast with high level cycle mechanic skills who is keen to share those skills with young people and others in the community.
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
The purpose of this post is to work with and train young people on the enterprise’s pre-apprenticeship programme to:
· Source, refurbish and sell unwanted bikes and bike spares and repair and service customer bikes
· Develop community activities that promote access to cycling
· Engage young trainees in the work of the enterprise
Ideally you will:
· Be an enterprising cycling enthusiast with good cycle maintenance skills
· Ideally hold a cycle maintenance qualification
· Have an ability to, and experience of, working with young people
· A passion for cycling and the environment
· Have strong administrative skills
· Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
· Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
· A commitment to the completion of work and to the achievement of targets
· Hold a current driving license and be able to drive a small van
Our client values diversity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community
The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Friday 30 July 2021
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down).
No agencies please.