Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Crisis Recovery Worker (Central Bedfordshire)
Post no: 535
Working base: Biggleswade
Covering; Central Bedfordshire
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 12 hrs per week, 2 days per week, Thursday and Friday, (5:00pm – 11:00pm)
Salary: £22,194.00 FTE (£7,198.05 per annum for 12 hours)
Could you support individuals to deescalate crisis and improve mental health and wellbeing, through focussed 1:1s and structured crisis interventions?
About our Crisis Cafés
Our Crisis Cafes offer a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental environment outside of normal working hours for those who feel in mental distress or crisis.
About the Role
The role will involve assessing needs and offering one to one support to service users to enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and wellbeing and to providing clarity on services and pathways available in the area. The role will be part of a larger Crisis Café team made up of Crisis Recovery Workers, Crisis Peer Support Workers, Team Leaders and volunteers.
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports individuals experiencing a mental health crisis in Central Bedfordshire, in line with Mind BLMK’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with Mind BLMK’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm on Tuesday 13 June 2023
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).