Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Medical, Other, Social Care
Could you support, by telephone and face to face, individuals to deescalate crisis and improve mental health and wellbeing, through focussed 1:1s and structured crisis interventions?
Crisis Recovery Navigator
Post no: 505
Salary: £20,700 per annum F.T.E (£16,923.65 per annum)
Hours: 30.25 (5 shifts per week), Flexible across Monday - Sunday (5:00pm – 11:00pm)
About the Employer
Our client works across communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, they offer a number of activities from their wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and their aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
About this charity's Crisis Phoneline Team
The Crisis Café service is working collaboratively with East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) Crisis Phoneline. They are working to support the Crisis Phoneline Team by providing mental health assessments over the phone to ensure everyone is able to access the support they need when approaching or experiencing a mental health crisis.
About the Role
The role will involve working on the phoneline to assess needs, appropriately signpost and provide onward referrals into the Crisis Cafes and any other relevant local services. This will be complimented by working two days a week in the Bedford Crisis Café where you will offer one to one support to service users to enable them to begin the process of improving their mental health and wellbeing by providing tailored support and clarity on services and pathways available in the area. The role will be part of the larger Crisis Café team and in co-location with ELFT, and will be made up of other Crisis Recovery Workers and a Team Leader.
- Deliver crisis focussed 1:1s and ensure outcomes which supports individuals experiencing a mental health crisis in Central Bedfordshire, in line with the organisation’s agreed crisis service and requirements as well as contract requirements.
- Work as a part of ELFT’s Crisis Phoneline to provide appropriate assessment and support over the telephone, and signpost appropriately to reduce pressures on statutory services and re-direct to this organisation’s Crisis Services and other relevant community support.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s when co-located in the organisation’S Bedford Crisis Café.
- Contribute to maintaining an effective volunteer workforce for the service in line with the organisation’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (workload planning and support).
- Carry out Cash Handling, Health and Safety and Data Collection responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader in line with the organisation’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidance.
- Carry out responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader and ELFT’s Crisis Phoneline Team Manager for the collection, updating, monitoring and reporting of service data in line with the organisation’s contract and systems requirements and procedures.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with company policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, then they would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Ongoing until filled
Please note: The right is reserved to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Our client has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: This employer follows Safer Recruitment practices and they are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all their roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).