Charity / Voluntary, Health / Nursing, Social Care
Crisis Peer Support Worker
Salary: £20,700.00 F.T.E (£13,427.026 per annum)
Hours: 24.0 hours per week, 5pm – 11pm between Monday and Sunday
Location: Milton Keynes
This mental health and wellbeing charity’s Crisis Cafes offer a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental environment outside of normal working hours to support individuals in mental distress and crisis.
This peer support role will involve offering one to one support and de-escalation, using own lived experience in order to enable service users to commence the process of improving their mental health and wellbeing.
The role will be part of a larger Crisis Café team made up of Crisis Recovery Workers,
Crisis Peer Support Workers, Team Leaders and volunteers
- Own personal lived experience of mental health challenges.
- Working in a small service within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets.
- Using a dedicated database/system for recording of and reporting service data.
- Working with, coordinating and supporting volunteers.
- Experience of using own mental health experience to support the recovery and wellbeing of others.
- Carry out assessments and 1:1s utilising lived experience of mental health and principles of peer support work
Skills, abilities and knowledge
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and an ability to form peer relationships with service users and carers
- Knowledge of local community activities and leisure facilities.
- Promoting a service
- IT (MS Outlook, Word and Excel and internet).
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good communication, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Valid driving licence and access to a car for work (or equivalent).
- Understanding the wellbeing needs of and working with people with mental health needs, including those from culturally diverse communities.
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 19 May 2022
The right is reserved to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply.
The organisation has been annually assessed and approved as a Mindful Employer and Disability Confident Employer (previously 'Two Ticks’) since 2008.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).