Charity / Voluntary, Management, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Crisis Cafe Manager
Post no: 546
Working base: Bedford
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Work Pattern: 5 days/evenings flexible across Monday to Sunday
Salary: £26,000.000 per annum, FTE (£24,594.59 actual salary for 35 hours p/w)
Could you coordinate and ensure the effective and safe delivery of a crisis café, working with the leading a team of support workers and volunteers to support people in Bedford at time of crisis?
About our Crisis Cafés
Our Crisis Cafes offer a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental environment outside of normal working hours for those who feel in mental distress or crisis.
About the Role
Our Crisis Café manager role in Bedford involves coordinating and ensuring the effective and safe delivery of our crisis café in order to support the people of Bedford. This will involve working with service users, deescalating crisis and leading a team of crisis recovery and peer support workers and volunteers. The role will be part of a larger Crisis Café team made up of other managers with their own teams of Crisis Recovery Workers, Crisis Peer Support Workers, Managers and volunteers.
- Operate a service and ensure outcomes which supports individuals to deescalate crisis and develop strategies for recovery and increased wellbeing, in line with Mind BLMKs vision and values as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the access to services process, and undertaking 1:1s.
- To manage a relationship with the mental health trust which ensures effectiveness of the crisis pathways for those who need further support.
- Work with the Crisis Cafe management to ensure regular involvement of service users, volunteers and staff on local service delivery, organisational matters and wider mental health and crisis care strategies
- Maintain an effective workforce for the service in line with Mind BLMK’s HR policies, procedures and guidance (recruitment, line management, workload planning, support and development of crisis workers, peer support workers and volunteers).
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Health Plan with a wide variety of benefits
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: Ongoing until Filled
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).