Full or Part Time
Charity / Voluntary, Management, Social Care
Mind BLMK works across our communities to support positive mental health and wellbeing. Working closely with a range of partners, we offer a number of activities from our wellbeing centres and local venues to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes, and our aim is to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Crisis Café Manager
Post no: 522
Working base: Luton
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 35.0 hrs per week, 5 nights a week (worked flexibly across Mon - Sun 5:00pm to 11:00pm)
Salary: £25,000.00 F.T.E (Actual salary £23,648.65)
Could you support individuals to deescalate crisis and improve mental health and wellbeing, through focussed 1:1s and structured crisis interventions?
About our Crisis Cafés
Our Crisis Cafes offer a safe, welcoming and non-judgmental environment outside of normal working hours for those who feel in mental distress or crisis.
About the Role
Our Crisis Café Manager (Luton) role involves coordinating and ensuring the effective and safe delivery of our Crisis Café in order to support the people of Luton. This will involve working with service users, deescalating crisis and leading a team of crisis recovery and peer support workers and volunteers. The role will be part of a larger Crisis Café team made up of other Crisis Café Managers with their own teams of Crisis Recovery Workers, Crisis Peer Support Workers and volunteers.
- Operate a service and ensure outcomes which supports individuals to deescalate crisis and develop strategies for recovery and increased wellbeing, in line with Mind BLMKs vision and values as well as contract requirements.
- Assessing need and suitability for the service in line with the ‘access to services process’, and undertaking 1:1s.
- To manage a relationship with the mental health trust which ensures effectiveness of the crisis pathways for those who need further support.
- Work with the Assistant Crisis Service Development Manager to ensure regular involvement of service users, volunteers and staff on local service delivery, organisational matters and wider mental health and crisis care strategies
The successful candidate will have experience of coordinating a small service/team of staff and volunteers within a wider organisation, including delivering a service against performance targets and have experience of working with people with mental health issues and experience of assessing level of need.
- 25 days (pro rata) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Auto-enrolment NEST pension scheme (employer contributes 3%, employee contributes 5%)
- Optional Health Plan
- In-house and external Learning and Development as appropriate for the role.
- Flexible Working On request (in line with Mind BLMK policy on Right to Request Flexible Working)
If you have a passion for working in mental health and possess the required skills, we would love to hear from you.
Closedown: 5pm on 3rd April 2023
Please note: We reserve the right to close this advert early if enough suitable applicants apply
Start date: ASAP
Mind BLMK has been committed to the Mindful Employer charter and the Disability Confident Employer Scheme since 2008.
Please note: Mind BLMK follows Safer Recruitment practices and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Therefore all our roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).