Community Outreach Worker
Job Title: Community Outreach Worker
Salary Grade: £22,000 - £23,000 per annum pro rata
Responsible to: Community Support Service Team Leader
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours (Full time. Monday-Friday 9-5pm)
Main Base/s: Watford and Borehamwood. (The role will include outreach around Welwyn and Hatfield, Watford, Three Rivers and Amersham and Chesham)
About the charity
Our client delivers essential mental health support in Hertfordshire, providing a diverse range of services from their seven Wellbeing Centres and other venues across all ten districts of the county. Funded locally, their services are available to all residents in Hertfordshire over the age of 18 and they offer dedicated services for 11-18 year olds.
They create opportunities for individuals experiencing mental ill health to make choices, find their solutions, build resilience and manage their whole life and wellbeing. Their services are based on the principle of self-help with a strong emphasis on prevention, personal development, self-management and improving health and wellbeing.
Aim of the Service
To support people with complex needs who reside in Paradigm Housing properties. This includes drug and alcohol difficulties and mental ill health. Particularly when they are coming into repeat contact with Police, Tenancy Sustainment Services, Housing and Homelessness Services and Environmental Health Services.
The service will be delivered in Hertfordshire and Amersham and Chesham to meet the needs of Paradigm tenants.
Purpose of Post
· To provide advice, information, onward referral and holistic support to clients with coexisting drug and alcohol difficulties and mental ill-health. These will be clients who are presenting to the Police, Anti-Social Behaviour, Tenancy Enforcement, Housing and Environmental Health Services.
· To ensure that the safety and wellbeing of the client is monitored and reviewed regularly.
· To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
· Embed a person centred and solution focused approach in all aspects of the role.
· To raise greater awareness of complex needs and the effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) amongst local service providers. Supporting them to gain confidence in working positively and consistently with people who have multiple needs.
Being able to drive and owning your own vehicle is essential for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 25th of June by 10am.First stage interviews shall take place on Monday 28th of June 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
Second stage interviews shall take place on Thursday 1st of July 2021 in Watford.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down).
No agencies please.