Charity / Voluntary, Fundraising, Marketing, Other, PR / Communications, Property / Housing, Social Care
Our client, a homelessness charity, is seeking to recruit a Community Fundraising and Volunteer Co-Ordinator. Working alongside the Fundraising and Communications Manager, this role will be responsible for devising and delivering community-based events as part of their broader fundraising strategy. In addition, this role will be responsible for the co-ordination of the charity’s volunteer base.
Community Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Cambridge,Hybrid working possible
Hours of work: 30 hours (0.8 FTE) Flexible
Salary: £24,684 pro-rata
Length of appointment: 1-year fixed term with desire to extend
About the organisation
They work with people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or with a history of homelessness. They provide services to aid every stage of recovery - from immediate basic welfare needs to long term help in identifying and dealing with the problems which are undermining their stability, and enabling them to engage with education, employment and specialist health services. National statistics rank the numbers of rough sleepers in Cambridge within the highest 20 UK local authorities.
Key Responsibilities include – Fundraising Focused:
- Developing a portfolio of their led community events and activities aimed at income generation and/or profile raising.
- Recruiting for and managing participation in third party led community events (eg. The Cambridge Half Marathon).
- Supporting individuals who fundraise on behalf of the charity and assisting with the marketing and delivery of their fundraising ventures.
Key Responsibilities – Volunteer Focused:
- Liaising with the charity's team to identify volunteer posts.
- Advertising and recruiting for volunteer roles as required.
- Assessing and processing volunteer applications.
- Conducting volunteer inductions and training as required.
- Communicating regularly with volunteers to ensure that they feel valued and motivated.
They are looking for someone who can demonstrate enthusiasm, creativity, tenacity, and a can-do attitude. As a new position within the fundraising team, there is scope for the right person to bring their own ideas to role and to have a degree of freedom to explore and develop new concepts to meet the charity’s fundraising objectives.
Application deadline: 5pm Friday 15th July 2022
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 25th July 2022
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).