Community Fundraisers (4 posts)
Community Fundraiser (Manchester / North West)
Community Fundraiser (Newcastle / North East)
Community Fundraiser (Birmingham/ Midlands)
Community Fundraiser (London)
This is an exciting time for this charity, and you will join them to support the delivery of their strategic plans and objectives, by generating and growing their income through community fundraising activities.
You will help raise awareness by engaging people with the charity’s work and by recruiting and supporting the fundraising of individuals, challenge event participants, Fundraising Groups and Charity of the Year partnerships.
You will help build and sustain the charity’s supporter base and provide excellent stewardship at all times.
You will come ready to hit the ground running with insight into how local fundraising works, with good office skills. Your ability to work proactively and as part of a remote team is important to ensure that the charity grows the budget they need.
Position: Community Fundraiser
Location: Home Based – Based in Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham and London)
Salary: Up to £27.5k (up to £30k in London)
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
Reports to: Community Development Manager
Direct Reports: None
Requisite Skills and Experience:
· Proactive mindset.
· Ability to identify and maximise opportunities.
· Outstanding organisation skills.
· A good communicator, including an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
· Experience of working with members of the public and/or volunteers.
· Experience working with a database / CRM.
· Experience of working with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
· Flexible in your approach to work, embracing change and development and able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
· Be prepared to converse sensitively and empathetically with members of the public who may be going through current or recent traumatic experiences
· Manage, and continuously develop and improve your region by running online donation reports, accurately coding income and account managing supporters as directed by the Community Development Manager.
· Ensure supporters, volunteers and fundraising groups have access to relevant fundraising advice, guidance and accurate signposting, whilst promoting best practice in fundraising.
· Be a point of contact for teams within the neuro hospitals within your area in order to organise regular information stands taking place on brain tumour clinic days, and to book in visits from the Community Development Manager as appropriate.
· Research and contact RAGs, mayoral offices and other candidate organisations across the area with a view to securing charity of the year opportunities.
· Be available to undertake one-off projects for other colleagues across the charity as agreed by your line manager.
· Comply with the organisation’s internal policies as appropriate.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Community Development Managers, National Fundraising Events Manager, the Director of Fundraising and Supporter Care and members of the management team
· Ensure that all relevant charity and other legislation is complied with.
· Deputise for colleagues as necessary to deliver an exceptional supporter experience.
· Ideally have knowledge and competence with social media to maximise reach and engagement.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th August 2021
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may beed to scroll down to find these posts).
No agencies please.