Community Exchange & Engagement Innovation Manager
Are you passionate about empowering people and strengthening communities? As one of the largest occupational charities in the UK, our client aims to build a lifelong community of people offering effective support for each other when life takes a turn for the worse.
They want to create a community exchange, an online market place where current, former and retired Civil Servants can pledge their time and skills to support others.
Community Exchange and Engagement Innovation Manager
18 Month Contract
£36-£40,000 pa (commensurate with experience)
Cheam, Surrey or Homebased (with UK travel)
The charity is looking for a Community Exchange and Engagement Innovation Manager, who will be responsible for setting up and overseeing the development of a network of community exchanges (time banks), including actively promoting the concept, encouraging new exchanges and working with partners and funders.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following Key Skills:
- Project Management skills and experience of setting up new projects;
- Experience of managing projects and people on a day to day basis;
- Commercial acumen (experience of working with funders and business development);
- Awareness of the voluntary sector, best practice, policy and procedure;
- Experience of time banking and community exchange (if possible);
- Experience of ensuring community projects adhere to all relevant safeguarding, and health and safety policies;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluating projects;
- Ability to form strong positive relationships;
- A passion for encouraging participation from people who are more isolated.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 1st February.
Interviews will be held immediately following the closing date.