Charity / Voluntary
Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17
RSPB Minsmere are looking for a Cleaner for 5 hours a week to join the North Suffolk team.
Cleaner – Minsmere
Location: Minsmere, Westleton, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17
Salary: £10.90 - £11.70 Per Hour
Hours: Part Time for 5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, 26 days’ Annual Leave
Would you be interested in a job where you are a key member of a dynamic, busy team looking after one of the RSPB’s largest and most famous reserves?
Your duties will include:
- Cleaning, stocking and supplying designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc).
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects.
You will be efficient and organised in your approach.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to work on your own.
- Customer service skills.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Physical fitness and endurance.
- The ability to organise your time and workload.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of public safety and security.
- This is a permanent Part-Time role for 5 hours per week and will involve weekend working.
- This is a role with a flexible working pattern.
Closing Date: 23:59, Monday 4th December 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on 13thDecember 2023.
Please describe how you meet the essential skills, knowledge and experience in your application.
As part of this application you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).