Administration, Charity / Voluntary, Fundraising, Health / Nursing, Management, Marketing, Medical, Operations, PR / Communications, Sales / Business Development, Social Care
Hybrid remote in MK, MK6
We’re looking for a Challenge Events Fundraiser to help develop and grow our income through high-quality events and to simultaneously engage the public with our cause by raising the voice of the spinal cord injury community.
Challenge Events Coordinator
Reporting to: Philanthropy & Events Manager
Location: Milton Keynes with flexible working options.
Salary: £32,550 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with the expectation of three days per week in the office.
The Spinal Injuries Association is committed to a singular vision: a fulfilled life for everyone affected by spinal cord injury. Everyone has a right to live a fulfilled life and that means the life they choose, a life that has the same opportunities as everyone else. We are the expert guiding voice for life after spinal cord injury.
We’re the leading national charity supporting individuals who sustain damage to the spinal cord resulting in paralysis. We are a dedicated organisation providing high-impact, quality services for spinal cord injured people and their families. All of our work is based on the personal experiences of our members.
About the role:
The core purpose of the challenge events coordinator role is to plan and deliver a portfolio of established challenge events to generate income, engage our supporters and raise awareness of SIA’s wider work. The role plays a key part in developing innovative, cost-effective, fundraising opportunities that will appeal to supporters, ensuring they are financially, actively, and emotionally engaged with SIA.
SIA delivers an array of challenge events including, the London Marathon, accessible shark dive, overseas bike ride and superhero triathlon alongside support for individuals who choose to support SIA through their own sponsored challenge. We continually review and update our portfolio of events to ensure we offer a range of appealing, inclusive and innovative events. The challenge events coordinator will play a vital part in developing and shaping our future events with the guidance of the philanthropy and events manager.
As challenge events coordinator, you will work with individual and corporate supporters as an ambassador for the cause securing support for the events you deliver. Relationship management is a key part of the role.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering SIA’s challenge fundraising events and activities,
- Overseeing online fundraising websites platforms (such as JustGiving) and ensure activity and income is acknowledged and recorded.
- Managing relationships with third party companies and suppliers to deliver events and procure event supplies.
- Working with the communications & campaigns team to ensure fundraising materials and communications (print and digital)
- Carrying out administrative tasks including recording and analysing income and thanking supporters.
- Ensuring record keeping is accurate and up to date across portfolio of events using SIA’s CRM system, Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Annual leave: 28 days per holiday year plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days after two years of service (pro-rated for part time employees)
- Access to Group pension scheme (6% employer contribution)
- Access to Group life assurance scheme
- Access to Healthcare cash plan
- Access to Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Employee volunteer days
- Discounted gym membership at many top gyms across the country
- Free car parking at SIA House
- Investing in our people – all members of staff are encouraged to discuss their development plans and aspirations with their line manager. A budget is available for talent development.
- Wellbeing – People are at the heart of everything we do. We offer hybrid working in our modern, bright open plan office, quarterly staff development days, annual reviews and regular 121s.
If you’re an energetic, proactive and goal-driven fundraising professional with the ambition to take on a portfolio of existing events and elevate them to new heights, then we’d love to hear from you.
Closing Date: Thursday 28 September 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 03 October 2023 at SIA House, Milton Keynes or online via Microsoft Teams.
At SIA, we value diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment as we believe diversity fosters a more innovative, creative, and caring culture.
We are striving to create a culture that fully represents all the communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, family or parental status, or disability status.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).