Charity / Voluntary, Hospitality / Catering
Leighton Moss, Silverdale
We are currently looking to recruit vibrant and dynamic team players to join our catering team at Leighton Moss, Silverdale, Lancashire.
Catering Assistant x2
Location: RSPB Leighton Moss, Silverdale
Salary: £21,255.00 - £22,818.00 Pro Rata
Hours: Zero-hours contract
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave pro-rata
The Catering Assistant role is customer-focused, delivering exemplary customer care and service, exceeding all expectations. The role will be central in the daily operations of the café, handling customer orders and enquiries in a friendly and professional manner. No day is the same, so you will need to have the capacity to be flexible and adaptable.
Full training in Food Hygiene, Health and Safety at Work, RSPB procedures and processes will be provided, enabling you to be part of, and contribute to, a successful and busy team.
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Assist the Catering Management team to drive sales and achieve set financial targets
- Ensure stock levels and controls are maintained
- Prepare and deliver fresh delicious food and drinks
- Ensure all legalities of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Previous experience of working in the catering industry, working in high pressured environment
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- An enthusiastic, positive, can-do approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and respond to customers needs and feedback, in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as part of a team, building and maintaining strong working relationships
Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience
- Experience of working in a pressurised catering/hospitality environment
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene standards and Health and Safety at work
- Till operation and cash handling
- The café and visitor centre are operational 7 days a week, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day) including weekends and bank holidays (no evening work). The successful candidate will be required to work during these hours.
- Training, support, and development will be offered as part of this role.
Closing date: 23:59, Thursday 7th December 2023
We will be inviting candidates for interviews and trial shifts as we receive applications.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy should a successful candidate be appointed to the position.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).