Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Health / Nursing, Management, Marketing, Sales / Business Development, Social Care, Training
Are you passionate about good workplace wellbeing and mental health issues?
Business Development Manager
Hours: 22.5 – 37 hours per week
Salary: £34,156 - £38,319 (SCP 29 – 33) per annum pro-rata
Contract: Permanent, open-ended
Holidays: 28 days plus bank holiday per annum, pro-rata
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
Place of Work: Osney Mead (OX2) with some homeworking. Frequent travel across Oxfordshire will be required with some national travel.
About the charity:
Our client is a mental health and wellbeing charity. They’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access their services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need the charity more than ever.
Their work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation
- The Wellbeing Service at the charity, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning
They employ approximately 250 staff and operate in 28 locations around the County of Oxfordshire.
As Workplace Wellbeing becomes a greater priority to employers, they are expanding the services that they offer to companies to support them to take care of their workforce.
They are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager to develop and implement these growth strategies. You will be responsible for all income generated through Workplace Wellbeing initiatives. Currently the charity offers Workplace Wellbeing training to companies who pay for this service. You will be responsible for cultivating the training portfolio as well as developing growth opportunities such as consultancy and diagnostic tools. This is a role for an experienced Business Development professional with leadership skills, drive and strategic expertise. Successful applicants will understand how to identify and market new opportunities and lead a small team to realise these opportunities. The role is target driven and success will be determined by the volume of income generated.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for leading and developing the Workplace Wellbeing Team which includes the staff at the charity, Associate Trainers and Consultants. You will generate income for the organisation through cultivating the training portfolio as well as developing growth opportunities such as consultancy and measurement tools. Excellent relationship management is key to the role, you will build relationships with prospects and clients and deliver an excellent client journey while managing contracts and client needs.
Essential - Knowledge & Experience
- Five years’ experience or equivalent in Business Development, Business Management, Marketing or similar roles
- Demonstrable experience of establishing new business strategies, models, products and processes with excellent results
- Knowledge and experience of writing and implementing new business plans
- Experience of leading and motivating a team
- Experience of working to and developing income targets
- Experience of building relationships and managing client contracts
Aptitude, Skills & Abilities
- Relationship building skills
- IT skills including use of CRM systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting and report/proposal writing
- Good use of lateral and creative thinking
- Current valid Driving Licence and use of car for work purposes
- Self motivated
- Tenacity and drive
- Use of initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strategic thinker
- Solutions focused
- Relevant qualifications/training in Business Development, Business Management, Business Studies, Marketing or related field
- Personal contacts and connections with the Oxfordshire business community
- Knowledge and understanding of the third sector
- Experience of project management
- Passionate about good workplace wellbeing and mental health issues
The following are required of all roles with the charity.
However, you do not need to address these in your application:
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the charity’s work and client group
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Willingness and ability to work hours outside of normal office hours on occasion
Working for this charity
They offer a friendly working environment and are committed to staff wellbeing. In addition to base salaries, they offer a range of employee benefits including generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme and development and training.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 30th May 2022
Interview date: Monday 6th or Tuesday 7th June 2022
Interview location: Osney Mead Office, Oxford (OX2)
This charity welcomes applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).