Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation
This leading conservation charity is looking to expand their team by taking on a Business Administration Apprentice - This is a new and exciting role for a company that will help you to grow and develop.
Business Administration Apprentice
GMFJ Reference 165697
Salary: £9.21 ph
Hours: 37.5 pw
Opportunity Type: Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
· To help deliver the support that the Corporate Governance and Risk department provides to the business
· Provide support to customers of the department – including responding to requests for support to agreed SLA’s
· Become highly proficient in the use of Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 and other applications that support the effective management of information and the wider work of the department
· Completing small projects and tasks, such as service analysis and improvements, to agreed deadlines.
· Set up and co-ordinate events and meetings, including agendas and formal documentation.
· Check, collate and analyse data and feedback, such as from internal surveys.
· To learn all the key business administrations skills including how to prioritise, problem solve and manage customer expectations, in order to provide effective admin support for the department.
· Oral and written communications skills to express themselves clearly
· Demonstrates initiative to prioritise own work to meet deadlines
· Customer Service focused
· Attention to detail
· Accurate keyboard skills and proficiency in standard desktop computer applications
· GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths Grades 4-9
· The candidate must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
Whilst the delivery of training and some of the content will be bespoke to employer’s needs, there are key elements that will be covered throughout. These will focus on the importance of:
· Effective Communication at all levels
· The principles of Business Administration
· Project Management skills
· Managing Personal and Professional Development
· Contributing to improvement of Business Performance
· Developing / Preparing and / or Delivering Presentations
· Preparing business documentation
· Managing and preparing for Business Meetings
· Storing / Retrieving / Analysing and/or presenting Business Data
· Basic Financial Management principles
The charity has seven key competencies that are important to their organisation’s success. They expect all employees to demonstrate these competencies in everything that they do. The heading descriptors of the seven competencies are:
· Direction - You ensure you have a clear direction and sense of common purpose that guides what you do and how you approach your work.
· Energy - You bring energy and urgency to the charity to motivate people to do the best they can.
· Capability - You build your own and other people’s capabilities, directly and indirectly.
· Relationships - You communicate effectively and build productive internal and external relationships.
· Change - You support continuous improvement and change and constantly look for way to do things better.
· Advocacy - You act as an advocate for the charity.
· Performance - You get things done, achieve ambitious goals and the charity’s aims
This role will offer a wider range of skills and experience in administration and information management. Through supporting a department that is at the heart of key decision making and the governance of the society, apprentices will gain a great insight into the work of the charity. This will potentially equip them for many and varied roles in the organisation or administration roles supporting other organisations.
This apprenticeship will help to equip you with the skills essential to take on job roles such as Business Administrator, Administration Team Leader, Personal Assistant, Senior Business Administrator and much more.
The role will be a mixture of working remotely and working at the charity’s UK Headquarters in Sandy – successful candidates will need to be able to travel here The charity works for a healthy environment for all and they therefore expect you to take action in accordance with their Environmental Policy and objectives. Together you can make a positive difference for our world. In the organisation, volunteers are a major resource and make a vital contribution to the charity’s aim to take action for the conservation of wild birds and the environment. Employees are responsible for encouraging, developing and supporting volunteers in their work for the charity.
Closing Date: on-going don't delay
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.