Assistant Retail Manager
Location: Leighton Moss, Carnforth
Salary: £18,100.00 - £20,080.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
The role is a part-time role working 30 hours per week. The shop is open from 9.30 am to 5 pm, 7 days a week, so regular weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at Leighton Moss, one of this charity’s flagship nature reserves, located in the Arnside and Silverdale AONB in North Lancashire. As part of the team you will work for one of the world’s leading conservation charities, dedicated to saving nature. You will be directly contributing to the charities objectives through income you help generate in the shop.
The Leighton Moss retail store near Carnforth needs a new Assistant Retail Manager. As one of the charity’s busiest retail stores they are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a great personality and a strong retail and customer service background to assist in the management of the shop.
The successful candidate will help lead and motivate a team of staff and volunteers to maximise retail income generation. You will receive full training and support on all aspects of Charity Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team, and an ambassador for the charity.
As Assistant Retail Manager you will have the following key responsibilities:
· Ensure the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
· Work with the Retail Manager to achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to deliver against retail store goals.
· Ensure the retail store is commercially merchandised according to the agreed layout.
· To be accountable for stock control and ensure appropriate stock levels are met.
· Ensure all retail administration, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety adheres to charity procedures.
· With the Retail Manager’s direction, ensuring that all staff and volunteers are managed in accordance with charity guidelines and policy that result in efficient team working.
· In the manager’s absence, to be responsible for the planning and efficient day to day running of the retail store operation.
· Working in conjunction with the Retail Manager, Visitor Operations Manager/Site Manager and Retail Area Consultant to ensure good management and overall profitability of the retail store.
· Working closely with the Retail Manager to manage the retail team to deliver retail KPIs.
· Working in conjunction with relevant Headquarters’ teams, (Retail, HR, Finance) to ensure effective and efficient management of the retail store.
· You will receive full training and support on all aspects of charity Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team and an ambassador for the charity.
About Leighton Moss
· The shop is in the visitor centre which forms the access to the nature reserve where visitors can walk the nature trails and view stunning wildlife from the hides and sky tower.
· The Leighton Moss team has about 20 staff and around 100 volunteers. The shop team comprises of a retail manager, assistant manager and 3 retail assistants, plus a number of retail volunteers.
· The shop stocks a range of bird food and bird feeders, as well as optical equipment, books and gifts.
· Leighton Moss is served well by train service on the Lancaster to Barrow line, the train station is a few minutes walk from the visitor centre
What the charity need from you
· Understanding of systems and procedures necessary to run a commercial retail operation.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to plan and prioritise work loads.
· Strong influencing and motivational skills with the natural ability to inspire people at all levels.
· Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
· Experience of working towards delivering targets and KPIs for a retail business.
· Successful experience of working with a diverse team.
· Delivering an exemplar customer service experience.
· Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience
· Experience of working in a successful retail store either as a Supervisor/Assistant Manager or key member of the retail team
· Experience of working at a visitor attraction.
· Retail/retail management certificate.
· Awareness of equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace.
· Health and safety in the workplace.
Closing date: 23:59, 29 September 2021
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).