Charity / Voluntary, Hospitality / Catering, Management
We’re looking for an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager at RSPB Saltholme Cafe.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, Middlesbrough, TS2 1TU
Salary: £23,489.00 - £25,216.00 Per Annum.
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, 26 days' Annual Leave.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role for 37.5 hours per week. Our Cafe is open 7 days of the week, including weekends and bank holidays.
About the RSPB
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, we think big and act boldly, hoping that one day we can see a world where wildlife, wild places and all people thrive. Our Food and Beverage teams raise vital funds which enable us to carry out globally important conservation work in the race to save nature.
About the Role
Key Skills Areas:
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager in the day-to-day running of the cafe.
- Provides a warm welcome, is helpful and friendly with a positive attitude.
- A team-player, working together with the Cafe team and wider Reserve team.
- Shift leading, monitoring team training progress and completion of daily checks in the café.
- Awareness of budgets, controlling costs, increasing sales and monitoring targets.
- Maintains food hygiene and health and safety standards in the work environment.
- Opening and closing duties, including compliance checks, and cashing-up processes.
- Preparing and serving food and drink, including Barista-style coffee and homemade meals.
- Serving customers and providing a warm, friendly welcome to the Cafe.
- Performing daily checks and cleaning in the café seating and kitchen areas, sharing responsibility with the wider Café team to maintain hygiene and quality standards.
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager with ordering stock and monitoring stock to appropriate levels.
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure team training is completed.
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager with menu development, portion control and allergens management.
- Acting as deputy for the Food and Beverage Manager when they are on annual leave or in the event of illness.
What you can bring to the RSPB:
- A positive outlook, can-do attitude, willing to develop new skills.
- A genuine desire to deliver amazing customer service.
- A passion for good food and drink.
- Level 2 Food Safety certification. (Desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English, or equivalent. (Desirable)
What can the RSPB offer you?
- Daytime working, no split shifts.
- Discounts in RSPB Retail Shops, Cafes and Holiday Cottage.
- High street discounts through Charity Worker Discounts.
- Free entry to RSPB Reserves.
- Investment in your Personal and Professional Development.
- RSPB Pension Scheme, with matching employer contributions.
- Health and Wellbeing support, including Employee Assistance Programme and free flu vaccine.
- One paid volunteering day per year for a voluntary organisation of your choice.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 23:59, Fri, 15th Dec 2023
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this position, and as such reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible. Previous applicants need not apply.
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete a short form. If you wish to provide a cover letter with your application, please include this at the end of your CV document upload. Training, support, and development will be offered as part of this role.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).