Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Hospitality / Catering, Leisure / Tourism, Management
The RSPB at Arne are looking for an Assistant Catering Manager to join their team providing first class food and beverages to our visitors.
Assistant Catering Manager – Cook
Salary: £23,489.00 - £25,216.00 Per Annum
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, 26 days' Annual Leave
You don't need to be a nature expert but we are sure you are going to love being of part of our team and the amazing reserve at Arne.
In the role you will support the delivery of a first class catering service that brings people back time and time again by:
- Working front of house overseeing a small team of enthusiastic catering assistants and deputising for the catering manager when required.
- Preparing dishes on our cafe menu such as hot breakfast rolls, soups, sandwiches and paninis and developing special recipes.
- Following RSPB catering and ordering guidelines to ensure health and safety compliance and stock levels to deliver a great customer experience.
- Train, manage and mentor new recruits.
- Support the catering offering at site events.
To deliver this we need you to be:
- Flexible, willing to work on a rota basis that includes weekends.
- Open, friendly and resilient - able to cope with variety the challenges that go along with operating a catering outlet.
- Able to support your team by planning and prioritising effectively.
- Able to learn RSPB stock management systems and stock controls.
- Hardworking and a Team player.
- Focused on the customer experience.
- Willing to learn about the Conservation work of the RSPB, both nationally and on the reserve.
A current Food Hygiene Qualification would be great but we can support you to get this.
We are actively recruiting and will appoint when we find the right person, so don't delay in contacting us as soon as possible. Please understand that we may close this role when we find you!
Our busy period is fast approaching and we want to be able to train you and onboard you so that we are all set for the lovely spring and summer ahead in the beautiful countryside.
This is a full time role but if you are interested in the role and can only work part time hours please do still get in touch.
This role is immediately available. The role will include at least 2 to 3 weekends or part weekends cover.
Closing date: 23:59, Monday, 5th June 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position as soon as relevant people apply, so don't delay!
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).