Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Environmental / Conservation, Hospitality / Catering, Management, Operations, Other, Training
We are looking for an inspiring team member who has experience in catering and who understands the important connections between food and the environment and great customer care at our beautiful Wetlands site.
Part-Time Assistant Catering Manager
Location: Newport Wetlands, Nash
Salary: £21,622.00 - £23,987.00 Pro Rata
Hours: Part-Time role for an average of 25-30 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro rata)
You will assist the Catering Manager in the day-to-day running of the café, in line with set RSPB procedures and routines, maintaining and developing the excellent quality of service and care expected by our customers, supervising, and organising the team, looking at new and interesting products, preparing and cooking meals, making barista coffees and serving customers.
You will assist with office tasks, stock control, placing orders, and cleaning. You will also deputise for the Catering Manager when required.
It is important that the catering team are supported, developed and enjoy their role within the site, and you will play a big part in ensuring we have a great team.
Now, more than ever, hygiene and safety in customer service settings is paramount so we’ll expect you to undertake training in this area, including Food Hygiene training.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- You will be able to show us that you have a proven track record of working in a busy customer facing environment.
- You will be passionate about delivering and maintaining the highest standards of customer service and food.
- You will enjoy developing the food products at the Wetlands
- You will have good communication skills and be able to share knowledge with confidence and enthusiasm.
- You will have the ability to plan and prioritise your workload, problem solve and be able to work on your own initiative.
- You will have the ability to motivate, influence and inspire others and be able to supervise and train staff and volunteers.
- You will be happy to pick up additional skills as required
Please note that we are actively recruiting for this position and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
Closing date: Sun, 5th Jun 2022
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).