Charity / Voluntary, Environmental / Conservation, Hospitality / Catering, Management
Assistant Catering Manager - Part-Time (Arne)
Location: Arne, Dorset
Hours: Part time, 3 days/week (there is likely to be an opportunity to increase to full-time hours at busy time)
Salary: £18,100.00 - £20,080.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
About RSPB Arne
RSPB Arne is a beautiful site consisting of a patchwork of habitats. Although famous for its dry and wet lowland heath you can also find ancient oak woodland, farmland, reedbed, mudflats, scrub, wet woodland, acid grassland and even sandy beaches. Spanning over 600 hectares this mix of habitats is one of the reasons that Arne is home to such a huge variety of species. The lowland heathland offers homes for reptiles and rare insects and Arne remains one of the few places in the UK where all six of the UK's native reptiles can be found. Situated on Poole Harbour and within the Dorset Area of Natural Beauty it really is a stunning place.
RSPB Arne is a flagship reserve and offers a huge opportunity to engage people and to gain their vital support which is much needed to continue and grow the conservation work of the RSPB. This post will allow you to make a big impact on nature conservation.
In the role of Assistant Catering Manager you will be expected to assist the Catering Manager in the following areas;
· Ensuring the cafe is delivering the highest standard of customer care
· Achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to deliver against catering goals
· Assisting with the delivery of the brand and converting visits into support, to contribute to the RSPB’s Saving Nature Strategy
· Ensure the cafe is commercially merchandised according to the agreed layout and stock levels are appropriate
· Ensuring all catering admin, operating processes, security, and health and safety adhere to RSPB procedures and comply with legal requirements
· Ensuring that all catering staff and volunteers are recruited trained and managed in accordance with RSPB guidelines and policy that results efficient team working.
· To be responsible for the planning and efficient day to day running of the cafe
· To deputise for the Catering Manager during their absence.
· Deliver remote site based offers on occasions such as party hire and events
What we need from you
· GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
· Computer literate.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to plan and prioritise work loads.
· A natural leader who can influence, motivate and inspire people at all levels.
· Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
· Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
· Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
· Well developed food presentation skills.
· Proven track record of working in a successful catering operation.
· Experience of managing and delivering targets and KPIs for a catering business.
· Experience of managing finances in a catering environment.
· Experience of working with stock management systems and stock controls.
· Experience of leading and managing a diverse team.
· Delivering an exemplar customer service experience.
· Food Hygiene Qualification.
· This role may involve lone working.
· This role will require regular/occasional weekend and evening working.
· This role will require occasional travel within the UK.
· This role will require occasional overnight stays away from home.
· The RSPB works for a healthy environment for all and we, therefore, expect you to take action in accordance with our Environmental Policy and objectives. Together we can make a positive difference for our world.
· In the RSPB, volunteers are a major resource and make a vital contribution to the RSPB’s aim to take action for the conservation of wild birds and the environment. Employees are responsible for encouraging, developing and supporting volunteers in their work for the RSPB.
Closing date: 23:59, 25 January 2022
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).