Charity / Voluntary, Management, Marketing, Other, PR / Communications
Advocacy and Communications Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week (full-time)
Contract: Permanent contract
Salary: £32,020 per annum
Location: Dick Coles House, 2 Queensbridge, Northampton, NN4 7BF. Hybrid working requests will be considered, however you will be expected to work a minimum of 60% of your working hours at the office in Northampton (e.g., 3 days out of 5)
This rewarding post oversees the communications activities across the Psoriasis Association. The Psoriasis Association is a busy charity offering authoritative, reliable, quality information, advice and support for people whose lives are affected by psoriasis, raising awareness of psoriasis, and promoting and funding research into psoriasis.
We are a small but high performing team that is trusted and respected within the dermatology patient and research community we work within.
This varied role will see the successful applicant oversee the communications activities of the charity to reach new audiences, strengthen relationships with existing stakeholders and support the variety of the charity’s work.
- Develop and deliver a communications strategy in line with the objectives of the Psoriasis Association.
- Oversee a range of communications and marketing streams both on and offline, with an ability to create compelling content.
- Ensuring the website is kept up to date.Supporting Psoriasis Association events, helping to organise, promote and run these.
- Ensuring that recordings and content are shared in an impactful way.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including people with lived experience of psoriasis, healthcare professionals, researchers and pharmaceutical companies.
- Line manage the Digital Communications Officer.
- To manage the Psoriasis Association’s communication needs across a spectrum of disciplines including media and public relations, advertising, marketing, digital and social media, and production of materials.
- To support the Deputy CEO and CEO by leading on patient advocacy and influencing policy across UK health and regulatory bodies.
- Work as part of a small team to further the important work of the Psoriasis Association.
- Ability to assimilate, summarise and effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of stakeholders across traditional, online and social media platforms.
- Experience of analysing data and producing quality reports based on findings.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working as part of a small team in addition to working independently and taking own initiative.
The successful applicant will be expected to promote a positive image of the services the Psoriasis Association offers and assist in the maintenance of good relationships with our members, supporters, fundraisers and all other outside organisations. The successful applicant will be expected to have high professional standards, engage in and undertake with enthusiasm all opportunities for his/her own training and professional development in order to achieve additional skills as this role develops.
Deadline to submit your application: 5th February 2023 – this role may close earlier if we receive a high number of suitable applications, please apply early. Interviews to take place: w/c 27th February 2023
The Psoriasis Association is committed to providing equal opportunities in the recruitment, training and development of employees.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).