Administration, Charity / Voluntary
Administrative Assistant – Minsmere
Salary: £18,100 - £20,080 pro rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
Would you be interested in a job where you are a key member of a dynamic busy reserve team? Would you love to work on one of the charity’s flagship nature reserves?
This organisation is looking for a part-time (18.75hrs) administrative assistant to join the North Suffolk team to provide administrative support for the Visitor & Land Management operations. This position would largely be office-based at Minsmere, but with flexibility for some home working. This is a part-time role with a flexible working pattern.
This is a do-it-all role, dealing with everything from answering the phone and paying bills, to ensuring the reserve buildings and vehicles are well maintained, safe and compliant. Duties include booking travel and accommodation, diary management, arranging meetings, financial processing, procurement and managing information.
You will be organised and able to prioritise your workload effectively to deliver solutions within set timescale; a team player and able to pay attention to detail whilst taking a flexible approach to your work. This role can be fast-paced and reactive so being well organised, efficient, and adaptable are key skills needed.
Please describe how you meet the following essential qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience in your application:
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience providing administrative support
- Experience of financial processing
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (especially Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences whether by phone, email or in person.
- Able to proactively identify and solve problems
- Calm & efficient approach with the ability to work under pressure
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Data entry & information management experience
- Interest in and knowledge of conservation and the natural world.
- Experience of working with volunteers
Closing Date: 23:59, 31 January 2022
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by/exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).