Administration, Arts / Culture, Charity / Voluntary, Customer Service, Human Resources, Other
Admin & HR Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Workplace: Pembroke Street, Oxford, OX1
Contract: Permanent (Upon successful completion of 6 month probation period)
About Modern Art Oxford
Modern Art Oxford is one of the UK s most exciting and influential contemporary art organisations, renowned for its bold and ambitious artistic programme that promotes diversity and internationalism and celebrates contemporary art as a progressive agent of social change.
Founded in 1965, it is the only public institution dedicated to contemporary visual arts in Oxford and plays a central role in the city’s cultural landscape.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Modern Art Oxford in a varied and challenging role.
We are looking for an Admin - HR Assistant to support the Operations Team. This role will provide a professional and first-class administrative service to the organisation, including all HR administration for the employee life cycle.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Complete all administration and coordination for recruitment via the HR system (Breathe HR), including advertising, organising interviews, interview questions, shortlisting, right to work checks, reference checks and issuing contracts.
- Assist Deputy Director with all HR administration and communication for the team e.g. amendments to contracts, maternity leave, salary increases, wellbeing initiatives.
- Coordination of the induction, probation and exit process for all staff in liaison with the Operations team and line managers.
- Manage and update the Gallery’s HR system, E-Learning Portal and Wellbeing Portal on a regular basis.
- Assist the Commercial Manager and Deputy Director
- Coordinate the annual training plan and assist with sourcing training providers.
- Assist with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion action plan and the annual reports on workforce diversity data for Arts Council England.
- Provide accurate and timely management information and reports as required
- To be responsible for printing and stationery supplies for the main office
- Carry out data cleansing for GDPR and update the data register as required.
- Coordinate working group meetings for the Environmental Sustainability working group.
- Take an active role in the gallery's Environmental Sustainability action plan.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in an HR/administration role
- Good IT skills – particularly with spreadsheets and the ability to work with a variety of software for project management, HR and rota management
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in emails
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of taking minutes
- Annual Leave - 25 days plus 8 public holidays
- Pension - An auto-enrolment pension scheme is in place with Legal & General. Under pension auto enrolment legislation, the employee will pay 5% (before tax relief) and the employer will pay 3% of qualifying earnings to the Legal and General plan.
- Employees are entitled to a staff discount in the Modern Art Oxford Shop and Café.
- There is an Employee Assistance Programme through Gemelli,
- And a series of discounts and salary sacrifice schemes through BHN Extras.
Applications must be received by 11:59pm on December 13th 2023.
Initial interviews planned for w/c 18th December 2023.
Modern Art Oxford is committed to creating equality of opportunity for all and we value diversity in our team. As part of our Anti-racism Action Plan, we welcome applications from people from the global majority who are under-represented in the workforce in our sector.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).