Environmental / Conservation
Visitor Experience Officer - Conwy
Salary: £18,250.00 - £20,246.00 Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata), Life Assurance
Please note that this role includes working weekends (more so during term time), bank holidays and school holidays, so there is a need for some flexibility of days of work. A work rota is drawn up a month in advance. Lone working may also occasionally be required.
This environmental charity is looking for a part-time (2 days per week), permanent Visitor Experience Officer at their reserve in Conwy to ensure that everyone of their visitors has a high-quality visitor experience. Working with the Visitor Experience Manager and wider reserve team, you will develop an exciting and inspiring programme of income generating events and trails that help connect the reserve's visitors to nature and encourage them to support the work of the charity through membership.
About the Reserve
This is a fantastic, family friendly nature reserve alongside the estuary of the River Conwy. With freshwater lagoons, viewing hides and various walking trails this is a wonderful place for nature and people and this is a fantastic opportunity to help create a stunning visitor experience and connect people to nature and the environment. You will support the ongoing development of making the whole visitor experience at this reserve one of the best.
What is the role about?
The role will be based at the charity’s reserve in Conwy, which attracts around 80,000 visitors a year. In addition to the reserve and its wildlife, the site comprises a welcome area, a coffee shop, a wildlife-focused shop, an outdoor play space and runs an educational programme for visiting schools.
They are looking for someone to ensure that every one of our visitors has a high-quality visitor experience, where they are warmly welcomed, enthused about the resident wildlife, and ultimately encouraged to support the work of the charity through membership. You’ll be working with volunteers in offering many wildlife events and will be designing family focused wildlife activity trails that are innovative and fun.
You will be:
· Working with colleagues to ensure the effective, efficient and safe running of the reserve, guaranteeing a high quality, on-brand, visitor experience.
· Working with the Visitor Experience Manager to achieve financial targets from wildlife events and to achieve Key Performance Indicators such as Nature Connection targets.
· Expected to ensure every visitor has positive and memorable contact with staff and volunteers, whether they are individuals, small groups, large groups, school groups, people with disabilities, families etc,
· Managing, supporting, and recruiting volunteers to deliver elements of the visitor operation on the reserve
· Assisting with and leading the facilitation of family activities and events, contributing ideas and suggestions to enhance the visitor experience.
· Supporting the reserves use of social media to help promote wildlife events and trails.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
· Experience of delivering an exemplar visitor or customer service experience.
· Ability to enthuse people to support wildlife and nature with good people engagement and communication skills
· Experience of managing volunteers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
· Good problem-solving skills and be able to work on own initiative
· Ability to manage and respond quickly to customer needs and feedback
· Ability to work as part of a team, to motivate and inspire people
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
· Previous experience of planning and delivering events
Closing date: 23:59, 26 September 2021
The charity is looking to conduct interviews for this position on Fri 8 Oct 2021.
To Apply and for more information
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).