This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and committed team working in Phase II of the Lottery Funded Community Prepared programme starts over a three year period as an innovative national roll-out resource with centralised HUB and Digital Platform.
ROLE: Project Manager (Community Development and Training)
SALARY: £11,070-£13,024 per annum (FTE £22,441-£26,401)
CONTRACT: Fixed Term 20th June 2021
LOCATION: Flexible Location (ideally Bristol)
AREA: Southern England (with national travel)
The Hub will include; staff; website; adaptable community resources; training and a train the trainer programme; advice, community development and support; development of the Community Flood and Emergency Cycle and a smartphone App. All to be provided through a three tiered membership support package.
- Develop and execute community development strategies to remove long-established barriers to community resilience including establishment of recovery groups and proactive flood warden community groups
- Direct delivery of the Communities Prepared Toolkit as outlined in the Communities prepared project bid
- Project manage the set up and organisation of Communities Prepared Toolkit training nationally
- Directly deliver training sessions to communities (including some evening and weekend sessions) Utilising a broad range of discipline and teaching styles
- Deliver Train the trainer training to partners and clients
- Be willing to undertake a team approach to the project, deputising for the Communities Prepared programme manager and supporting the income generation project manager
- Provide information and support to people who are facing emergencies and natural disasters within their community, such as flooding, pandemic flu, landslide, rioting, snow and heat, focussing initially on flooding
- As part of the Communities Prepared team significantly contribute to the collective learning around community resilience , community emergency planning and response
- To develop training materials which can be used on various platforms (Website, Community Resources and Development of the Community Flood and Emergency Cycle)
- Travel nationally to meet the above duties
Our client is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects they work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
In return they offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- Childcare Voucher schemes are available on a salary sacrifice basis
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
They are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate their commitment they have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. They guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of their current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. They shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout their workforce and in service delivery.
Closing Date: 31st July 2018
Interview Date: 7th August 2018