Our client is seeking a a Governance Officer to join their Legal, Governance and Risk Management team.
This is a new post, providing an opportunity for the right individual to shape and develop the role to maximise governance support to our client's Council of Trustees and their Executive Committee.
- Governance Officer (Part-Time / 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
- Location: London NW1
- Department: Legal, Governance & Risk Management
- Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Hours: Part-Time
- Salary: £27,387 per annum FTE (£14,606 pro-rated) inclusive of London Weighting
Our client, a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education organisation. Their mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at their two zoos, inspiring people to take conservation action.
The role will include managing registers and databases, assisting with regulatory filings, helping with production and management of meeting papers, taking and preparing minutes, and liaising with colleagues across the charity to follow up actions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including print production and timely distribution and chasing papers for meetings;
- Checking papers to ensure that the correct information is being reported;
- Manage the extensive annual meetings calendar;
- Arrange the booking of conference rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments and liaising with meeting attendees, both internal and external;
- Take minutes and circulate these after the meeting;
- Keeping abreast of best practice in Governance and updating the team accordingly;
- Manage registers and databases
- Work with the Legal, Governance and Risk Team to prepare trustee training and induction;
- Assist with regulatory filings;
- Be responsible for board and committee membership, including vacancies and appointments, and helping to ensure that this is done in line with the applicable Terms of Reference; and
- Work with the team to facilitate and undertake periodic review of Terms of Reference and other relevant governance documents
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, effective communicator
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, develops and maintains relationships with others and maintains a professional impression.
- Strong organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills and ability to work to (and meet) deadlines
Please note: We are looking for someone to work 20 hours per week on average but the role will be busier in the build-up to meetings but then quieter at other times to compensate for this. Therefore the role will require some flexibility in working hours.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 20th May 2018