Community Café Assistant Manager
A new and exciting position has arisen for the role of Assistant Cafe Manager for a leading destination venue based in the heart of West Sussex.
ROLE: Community Café Assistant Manager
SALARY: £18,341 - £21,577 per annum
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Crawley, West Sussex
OPERATIONAL AREA: Sussex & Surrey
The perfect candidate must be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in a hospitality environment in a Managerial or Supervisory role.
- Develop and train current/existing team members to ensure consistency across food and beverage operation.
- Assist in managing standards in the cafe and ensure a high level of service is achieved at all times.
- Deal with customers quickly and efficiently in a professional and calm manner in this demanding role. Candidate will also have to deal with operatives on a daily basis.
- Handle case and perform cashier duties so general accountancy experience important.
- Be able to evolve and develop retail offer / food offer and having not just the ability to do so, but confidence to carry out change using initiative.
- Leads by example, from dress code to timekeeping.
- Level 2 Food Safety and Health & Safety ideal.
The role will be 45 hours per week 5 over 7. In return you will be offered 25 days holiday, no evenings and Christmas day off
In return our client offers:
- Life Assurance at four times annual salary*
- 25 days annual holiday, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and reaching 30 days after 4 years’ service
- Payroll Giving*, Cycle to Work* and Childcare Voucher schemes are available on a salary sacrifice basis
- A contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan*
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
*Available after 6 months continuous service and successful completion of your probationary period.
Interview Date: to be arranged on receipt of application
Start Date: ASAP