Adoption Support Social Worker
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our client's North East team as an Adoption Support Social Worker. You will also develop and deliver adoption support services through individual, family and group work throughout the Tyne & Wear, Teesside and surrounding areas.
- Adoption Support Social Worker
- Location: Gateshead, North East
- Contract: Permanent, 36 hours per week
- Salary: £21,822 - £33,069 per annum
Keys responsibilities include identifying user requirements and developing adoption support services, promotion and co-ordination of the service, delivering training and presentations and providing advice, guidance, support and counselling to families and individuals affected by adoption.
The successful candidate will be CQSW, Dip SW qualified and registered with the relevant social care council. You will also have experience of working with children and families and providing support within a multi-agency setting.
You must also have good knowledge of the Adoption and Children’s Act and accompanying guidance and all secondary legislation with a sound understanding of how adoption affects all parties.
Please be aware that you must be Social Work Qualified in order to apply for this post.
Employee benefits include:
• Matched employers contribution to a group pension scheme (to a maximum of 6%)
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• Reward and Recognition Scheme
• Family friendly policies and flexible working via credit time
Founded in 1990 this is a vibrant and dynamic award winning organisation that is passionate about making a difference. Set up to support and address the effects of adoption on children, adults and families, the charity is now one of the leading adoption agencies in England and Wales.
Their core functions include:
• Family finding and matching of adopters with children;
• Support such as their SafeBase parenting programme and Birth ties;
• TalkAdoption, Camps and Short Breaks for children and young adopted people and;
• ReUnite search and intermediary for adopted adults and birth relatives.
If you are passionate about their mission and want to play a role in driving forward the work of the organisation, they want to hear from you. Our client values and invests in their employees’ development.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 29 May 2018
Interview date: 10am, 20 June 2018